The importance of computer literacy can not be overemphasized especially in the world we are in now and the computerization of the work environment. Girls equipped with computer education can do more, be more and give more wherever they find themselves.
The GirlEmpowered Computer Literacy Program seeks to accomplish the following objectives
1. To improve education in rural and urban communities through establishing GirlEmpowered Computer Literacy Centres in select communities in all 10 Regions of Ghana.
2. Empower & Train 100 girls in each of the 10 Regions making a total of 1000 girls directly trained and empower each to transfer their knowledge to 10 girls each making a total of 10,000 girls indirectly empowered and trained.
3. Obtain 10 or more computers in each of the 10 GirlEmpowered Computer Literacy Centres
4. Train and assign 2 tuturs each in each of the 10 GirlEmpowered Computer Literacy Centres.
5. Obtain Internet access in all the GirlEmpowered Computer Literacy Centres to use for training and as an internet cafe to raise money to sustain the project.
6. To bring a positive change not only in the lives of girls but in the society as a whole
GirlEmpowered Girls in Photography will be piloted with TANOE Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (TIED) as our maiden partner.
The Photography business has taken an impressive turn over the last few years in Ghana and Africa in general. The business is flexible, engaging and promises appreciable returns capable of economically empowering girls and women and presenting them with the opportunity of a decent livelihood, be independent and be more relevant and helpful to the family, community and society at large.
Taking the apprenticeship model, the Girls in Photography Project will provide hands-on skills in photography training to about 100 underprivilged girls and women. This project will equip participants with all they need to know about the art, technique and business of photography. Training will include the following:
1. How camera works and how to get the most out of it
2. How to take professional-quality photos in any setting
3. How to set up your own studio and market yourself
4. How to find freelance opportunities and sign clients
5. All kinds of specialty areas: wedding photography, landscapes and nature, portraiture, pets and animal photography, stock photography, etc.
The GirlEmpowered Girls in Vocational Training Project is an initiative that seeks to equip underprivileged girls, school drop-outs and the physically challenged to obtain relevant entrepreneurial & vocational skills in the production of bags, shoes, clothes and other relevant and marketable products in and outside Ghana.
Taking the apprenticeship model, the Girls in Vocational Training Project will provide hands-on skills training to about 1000 underprivilged girls and women. This project seeks to accomplish the following objectives:
1. To enable underprivileged adolescent girls, school drop outs and physically challenged to build relevant life & entrepreneurial skills
2. To economically empower girls and women to secure a sustainable livelihood.
3. To help trained girls to start their own businesses.
4. To bring a positive change not only in the lives of girls but in the society as a whole
5. To equip girls to be independent and more valuabele to their families and community GirlEmpowered Girls in Vocational Training Project will be piloted with Adua Amani Klodin as our maiden partner.
The GirlEmpowered Community Formal Education Teachers Project is an initiative that seeks to train and equip individuals and teachers to provide formal education tuition and assistance to underprivileged girls, academically challenged girls or school drop outs as a result of financial constraints.
Primarily, the duties of the Community Formal Education Teachers will be to assist girls to pass their external JHS and SHS exams and be presented with the opportunity for higher education or be assisted to obtain relevant vocational or entreprenuerial skills to better equip them for the job market.
GirlEmpowered Community Formal Education Teachers are ‘must-have assets’ in every community. It is an amazing opportunity for anyone who is compassionate and desire to help those who are less fortunate. The position requires a great deal of patience, but is ultimately highly rewarding.
For volunteers and individuals seeking to make a significant contribution to their communities, being a GirlEmpowered Community Formal Education Teacher is just what you need.
Classes are conducted mostly at night or on weekends to enable the active participation of the target group.
GirlEmpowered Community Formal Education Teachers Project will be piloted with TANOE Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (TIED) as our maiden partner.
The GirlEmpowered FREE Woman Project is an initiative that seeks to secure economic freedom and reduce poverty through the development of entrepreneurship and relevant life skills amongst women. It is an economic empowerment project that is targeted at building the capacities of women to make significant and indespensable contributions to the job market, economy, community, society and country at large.
FREE is an acronym that stands for Financial Literacy, Relevant Life Skills, Entrepreneurship Development & Economic Empowerment. These are the pillars and focus of the GirlEmpowered Free Woman Project and below are the objectives:
1.To enhance the economic contributions of women entrepreneurs, professionals, employees and women in general
2. To build the capacities of women in business to deliver at higher standards, increase their revenue and sustainably grow their businesses
3. To equip women in financial literacy and basic book keeping and effective accounting practises.
4. To empower women to be economic agents, stronger leaders, self reliant, confident thereby reducing their vulnerability to unfair treatment, abuse, domestic violence and diseases.
5. To equip women with relevant life and entrepreneurial skills and provide needed resources and support to help scale up women run businesses.
6. To assist women to earn consistent incomce, own property, contribute more financailly and have considerable bargaining power at home.
GirlEmpowered Awards & Conference is the Smart Girls’ Network Foundation’s annual signature event that is designed to bring together girls and women from all walks of life to inspire, encourage and empower each other to greatness.
GirlEmpowered Conferences showcase empowered women that have transformational stories and messages that are shared with the audience of teenagers, students and young women aimed at empowering them to be truly outstanding.
GirlEmpowered Awards is an initiative that will recognize impactful and innovative programs that work with girls and women in three distinct areas of interventions – Education, Entrepreneurship & Life Skills Development and Health.
The GirlEmpowered Awards will aim to:
1. Highlight organizations with innovative and impactful programs around adolescent girls and women
2. Encourage a new focus by established organizations on adolescent girls as beneficiaries
3. Provide exposure to issues faced by adolescent girls and the need to focus on their empowerment