The GirlEmpowered Mentorship Matchmaking with the theme “Polishing GEMMs” is a program that runs twice a year for 30 days where we create the opportunity for 30 young girls to be mentored by 30 women in diverse fields. The mentorship sessions will be a total of 30 hours and this will take place at the most convenient time for the mentor, through the most convenient means.
The primary goal of the Mentorship Matchmaking is to give young girls the tools to make positive life choices and a sense of their own personal power. Our
Mentors will help young girls live healthier more productive lives, become more responsible and promote alternatives to drugs, alcohol and early sexual activity.
The vision of the Mentorship Matchmaking is to build self reliant, self-confident young girl who are aware of their own personal power as the key to their future. The mentorship sessions will be done either in person, through phone calls or whatsapp chats.
The mentorship topics include:
- Idea & Business Development
- Friendship & Relationship Management
- Savings and Financial Discipline & Stability
- Leadership Training
- Being Self Conscious and Principled
- Juggling Career & Family
- Pregnancy & Female Health Care
- Branding (Grooming &; Etiquette) ; Self Care
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Personal Development
7 out of 10 girls, grow up in Ghana without a mentor.
Mentoring, at its core, guarantees young people that there is someone who cares about them, assures them they are not alone in dealing with day-to-day challenges, and makes them understand that they matter. Research confirms that quality-mentoring relationships have powerful positive effects on young people in a variety of personal, academic, and professional situations. Ultimately, mentoring connects a young person to personal growth and development, and social and economic opportunity. Yet only 3 in 10 young girls will grow up without this critical asset.
For this reason, GirlEmpowered has initiated the GirlEmpowered Schools Tour Program where we send a group of mentors to their Alma Mater for a fun filled day of inspiration and counseling. The reason why we have decided to use old students of a particular school is because the girls can easily find the connection between themselves and the mentors. They can associate themselves to greatness and see themselves come out of the same school and probably similar situations to a place they are proud of.
The GirlEmpowered Schools Tour Day Activities will include:
- The ‘Talk’ ( Topic will be dependent on the school)
- Counseling Section
- Fun Photoshoot (Self Image Boosters)
We are currently looking for Volunteer Mentors in all the regions for this project.
Please click on the button below to register as a volunteer.
The GirlEmpowered Skills Bootcamp is a skills training and development initiative designed to equip girls with entrepreneurial skills in Photography, Beads Making, Makeup etc. This is aimed at enhancing their potentials, boosting their confidence and positioning them to be more resourceful. The GirlEmpowered Skills Bootcamp seeks to train a 1000 young ladies in a year.
The maiden edition was hosted at the TANOEHub where there were over 50 young and ambitious ladies in attendance. The ladies spent 3 hours taking turns learning the basics of BeadMaking, Photography and Makeup Artistry, all which were taught by industry professionals who volunteered their time to empower these ladies with entrepreneurial skills.
To register to be a part of the next GirlEmpowered Skills Bootcamp, fill the form below:
Face of GirlEmpowered is an empowerment pageant to equip young girls to be powerful leaders, solution providers and change makers with focus on the candidates identifying challenges that girls face and coming up with solutions to it.
The vision of Face of GirlEmpowered is to get young girls engaged in the lives of those around them.
Face of GirlEmpowered will expose the candidates to experiences in public speaking, growing their confidence, being self-motivated, improving their self-esteem and etc.
Face of GirlEmpowered is like no pageant ever held; it is based on the candidates’ intellectual, innovative and entrepreneurial skills and how they would want to be a change in their community. Through out the 13 weeks of the pageant period, selected candidates will be asked to implement the solution at a specific location and the best-implemented project will win and become the Face of GirlEmpowered.
One thing that sets Face of GirlEmpowered apart is the focus on mentorship. Mentorship is an integral part of all we do as such, even for the candidates who do not win, there is so much offered to be offered to them! Our mentorship program continues for one year after the pageant day. The mentors become friends with the girls and coach them through everyday life struggles, decisions, and successes. This way we can maintain a great relationship with pageant participants and follow up on them as part of our monitoring and evaluation process!
There will be one winner and two runner-ups who will receive a combination of cash prizes, scholarships, and support including the coveted Face of GirlEmpowered title.
Face of GirlEmpowered will have a faculty of 13 women who will serve as mentors to guide the candidates through the process of implementing their ideas. The grand finale will have 3 judges who will bring a fresh perspective to the pageant. The faculty will have 30%, the judges will have 40% and the public will have 30% of the judging votes.
The candidates will be judged based on the solutions they come up with and how well they implement it. They will also be judged on how confident they are in their presentations, their public speaking ability, etc.
- Face of GirlEmpowered Title
- GhS 5,000 cash prize
- One year paid internship with GirlEmpowered to execute Ambassadorial project
- GhS 2,000 cash prize
- One year mentorship program
- GhS 1000 cash prize
Process / Program Lineup
- Registration: Kindly Click the Button below to fill and submit the application form.
- Audition: Attend an audition where you will be made to present your solution to the audition judges.
- Pageant Events
- Week 1: The first day of the pageant series is designed to empower candidates by first equipping them with the knowledge of their own worth and potential, then pairing them with mentors.
- Week 2 to Week 13: Community Project Execution.
- Week 14: Grand Finale
- Open to all young ladies between the ages of 17 and 26 years.
- Applicants should be Ghanaian by birth.
The GirlEmpowered Awards is to give young girls in our schools, churches and communities who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership skills, have had a measurable and sustainable impact, and address a local challenge related to a national and/or global issue from wherever they find themselves. Young women who are taking matters into their own hands and being the change they want to see in the world!
The GirlEmpowered Awards perfectly reflects our mission of empowering girls to be outstanding in everything they find themselves doing. The awards provides these young ladies with the opportunity to be an inspiration to girls in their communities and around the world.
The winners of The GirlEmpowered Awards will have demonstrated remarkable leadership through various extraordinary action projects. At such young ages, there are many young girls who are creating positive change in their communities, identifying local solutions that relate to global issues, and taking sustainable action to make a difference in the world. We are proud to recognize the contributions and achievements of these exceptional girls and cannot wait to see how they continue to inspire, influence, and innovate as the leaders and social entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
The GirlEmpowered Awards will be the first of its kind to be organized in Ghana and hopefully can spread to other African Countries.
The GirlEmpowered Awards will also recognize institutions, organizations, companies and individuals who are leading projects to support the girl child in Ghana.
The GirlEmpowered Awards Categories are:
- Award Categories for Girls (13 to 19)
- Technology Industry Excellence
- Fashion Industry Excellence
- Education Industry Excellence
- Innovation Excellence
- Award Categories for Projects and Initiatives
- Girl Empowerment Sports Project of the Year
- Girl Empowerment Health Project of the Year
- Girl Empowerment Technology Project of the Year
- Girl Empowerment Educational Project of the Year
- Girl Empowerment Community Service Project of the Year
- Award Categories for Individual Advocates for Girl Empowerment
- Girl Empowerment Advocate of the Year
- Girl Empowerment Mentor of the Year
- Girl Empowerment Teacher of the Year
- Award Categories for Companies / Organizations that champion Girl Empowerment
- Girl Empowerment Company of the Year
- Girl Empowerment Corporate Social Responsibility of the Year
- Girl Empowerment NGO of the Year
Girl Categories Eligibility Requirements
- Young woman aged 13 to 26
- Current resident of Ghana
- Should have 10 people who are not family members as references
The GirlEmpowered Helpline is a 24/7 Helpline that provides reliable information and support to all young girls who need assistance or have questions that needs answering.
Our 24/7 Helpline serves young girls between the ages of 7 and 26 who want a friendly voice to talk to. Our highly trained and knowledgeable staff helps them with issues surrounding but not limited to:
– Sex and Relationships
– Education and Career
– Health and Wellness
– Mentorship and Coaching
– What’s going on at home
– Stuff with friends
– Something at school
– Feeling sad, angry or worried.
You don’t have to tell us your names if you don’t want to. You can keep you identity and still be able to talk to us.
Our 24/7 Helpline also features:
– Confidential secured counseling with professional counselors
– Help in a caller’s preferred language using our translation service that features more than 200 languages and dialects
– Referrals to local community programs, services and ongoing support.
You can talk with our team on phone, via email or whatsapp chat. We listen and care.
Talking helps. We’ve also got heaps of tips and info for you.
We envision this helpline to be a place where young girls can come to for helpful information and great support about the things that matter to them.
You can reach out and talk to us for free about good things and tough stuff, exciting times or about something that’s bringing you down.
There’s heaps of great tips & info for you.